Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Class system

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tikk

Class system Empty
PostSubject: Class system   Class system Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 4:52 am

This has been haning in the air so far... How do we want to construct it?

Do we use skill restrictions based on class, or do we use skill requirements based on class?

That should be the primary question we base a class system around. I've allready said I dislike anything that restricts the freedom of skill choices the original UO gives us. Classes should add to your prowess, not take from it. You should be able to be a paladin with GM beggins.

This is my personal opinion, but I belive we should implement classes based on a set of skills you need to have rather than a cap on skills you "should not have". The warrior class should have a requirement of say 80 skill in one melee/archery skill and tactics, anatomy or arms lore. Same goes for every class. Certain skills should qualify you to try out for a class. Once you reach that level, you may apply.

Another thing I think we should think about is progression classes. For example:

"The Paladin Class"
Tier 1: Squire - You aquire some basic paladin skills/combat moves
Tier 2a: Knight - Focused on the healing powers of faith
Tier 2b: Crusader - Focused on the more aggressive powers of faith

We could add levels above 2 aswell, given we find a way to make it worth while.

An idea: We could make class advancement based more on RP achivements than PvE/PvP/Mechs progress. That is, in order to progress (or even gain the first class rank) you would be judged on your RP rather than fighting some pwn-ass mob. This judgement/trial might be preformed by your fellow peers, with the help of seers perhaps.

So what classes should we have?

Suggestions welcome!
Back to top Go down
shit happens

shit happens

Class system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class system   Class system Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:12 pm

Sorry to necromance but;

Isn't it the shardlore that magic is restricted to shamans and priests?

Making a Ragnarok Online clone would seem futile in both the shard's settings and UO's abilities.
Back to top Go down
Bulldogc

Class system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class system   Class system Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:40 pm

ive said it before and ill say it again, theres a reason noone makes class systems for these shards, they are really difficult to code, take a really long time to build and test, and dont work very well with the client. Even when they do exist in some form, i think there might be one in the script forums in extreamly early beta, they generaly very hard to customize and dont work very well. the game really just isnt designed to work that way so a very large amout of it has to be changed.
Back to top Go down
shit happens

shit happens

Class system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class system   Class system Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:09 am

Bulldogc wrote:
ive said it before and ill say it again, theres a reason noone makes class systems for these shards, they are really difficult to code, take a really long time to build and test, and dont work very well with the client. Even when they do exist in some form, i think there might be one in the script forums in extreamly early beta, they generaly very hard to customize and dont work very well. the game really just isnt designed to work that way so a very large amout of it has to be changed.

Aside from the technical part, on which I agree, creating classes would take away a lot of freedom in character creation.. Since magic isn't allowed for just any character, there shouldn't be much to worry about overpowered skillsets, imho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Class system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class system   Class system Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Class system
Page 1 of 1