Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Elven Race

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
West
Admin
West

The Elven Race Empty
PostSubject: The Elven Race   The Elven Race Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:14 am

This is what I have been thinking so far.

Where do they reside? Names, places & titles:

Territory:
The Forgotten Woods, Land of The Elven Society.

City:
Esta Sinome [Translated to Rest Here]

Leadership:
The Forgotten Woods will be ruled by an Godlike character [played from time to time by a seer]. Residents of this land will see him/she as a powerful King/Queen who rules everything within the boarders of these woods. There will be residents [characters] that will have more influence then others but that will develop through good RP.

Alliance:
Since there will be atleast two other Mythological races on this shard, Dwarfs & Trolls, I plan to create an alliance between these three races. This alliance will be called Tel'Sindavathar [The Shadow Alliance].

Town Structure:
I plan to build the town so it looks like it's in the Trees. Small huts and cottages with ladders to the ground. There will of course be ground buildings as well. For example, a big castle. Every building should be made by wood though.

Their kin:
Elfs of this shard are immortal creatures and blessed with eternal life. However, to many wounds and to many years will result in some kind of ceremony. The Elven King/Queen will come and take the Elf and sail him or her away across the Sea, to a place I have yet not named. Elfs are rare creatures, they tend to stay away from rest of the world living their lifes hidden. They are excellent musicians/singers, they move with great agility, speed and can travel far without being seen or noticed.

Character info:
Be allowed to play an Elf will be hard, there has to be a really good application for that. Elfs are indeed advanced characters and may be given skill bonuses. The skills I recommend using bonuses on are: DEX/STEALTH/MUSICIANSHIP (or Archery).

The City, Esta Sinome:
I want, as Tikk suggested, a insivible gate somewhere in The Forgotten Woods that will take a player to the town. This gate reveal's itself if you have an certain item in your backpack. This item will be included when you start an Elf character. Also, it might be possible to give this item as a gift to people who have done great deeds in advantage for the Elfs, just like Goblins in Grimm can give away a Safe Passage hide.

Mhm.. I think that's all for now. I will keep on developing this....

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by West on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://west.forumotion.com
Tikk

The Elven Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Race   The Elven Race Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:19 am

Sounds good mate.

Houses in trees is however a tricky one... The tree-art in general isnt tall or big enough for anything valid. But yea, there is a pixie town in Inlshenar I think. Sort of has a treehouse look to it if im not mistaken
Back to top Go down
Bulldogc

The Elven Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Race   The Elven Race Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:43 am

youve got to have a core understanding of how graphics work in this game. there are static objects and dynamic ones(not a great name for either but they will do) "static objects" are those that are hard coded to a map file. if you create a compleatly blank slate with no server objects, thes static ones will still be there, they dont change and cant be interacted with. dynamic ones are those placed after a server comes up, these include prettymuch anything that highlights when you mouse over it. static and dynamic objects dont generaly interact well together. anything you are gona want people to interact with is gona need to be placed after the map is created such as doors and whatnot.

if you wanted a "tree house" you could recolor some woodgrained housing walls and stack them as high as u want them with some kinda stair well inside where you cant see it or a teleport platform that brings you to the time. in this instance the "tree" is actualy just a wall object that youve made to sorta look like a tree, you can surround it by real trees to hide the face that its a wall.

at the top of this wall tree you can build floors and whatever else you want.
technicly you could make a tree house floor and rais it off the ground, but i dont think u can do so "above" a tree as they arnt the same kind of object. also since this is essentialy a 2d client the effect of "raising it" doesnt make it higher just moves it to a "higher" part of the viewable screen to create the illusion of hight
Back to top Go down
West
Admin
West

The Elven Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Race   The Elven Race Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Thanks for explaining the issue with static and dymanic objects. I get your point. I guess we will see how it turn out once I start with the whole building of the town. And no, the plan was not to build the houses above the trees... rather IN the trees somehow.

Honestly I do not know a heck about these things but I rekon it will be no problem once I see it infront of me.

*Grins*
Back to top Go down
https://west.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

The Elven Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Race   The Elven Race Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Elven Race
Page 1 of 1