Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MAP and Such

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Billpete002

MAP and Such Empty
PostSubject: MAP and Such   MAP and Such Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:51 pm

the recent map looks great plenty of trees and cool little areas we can turn into plot hooks etc.

As Scatter already told me and the IRC channel the update server for the program is down and thus crashes the program - so things are halted at the moment - till the creator of the program comes back to fix it.

As for fixes Scatter already mentioned he was going to fix all the shore lines and add elevation to the map - so this should the last map and then testing/building/scripting.

I suggest we all get to figuring out the scripting stuff for Bulldogc to work his magic. So let's stop focusing on the map and redirect our efforts to scripting!
Back to top Go down
shit happens

shit happens

MAP and Such Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAP and Such   MAP and Such Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:56 pm

Could you be more specific?
Back to top Go down
Billpete002

MAP and Such Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAP and Such   MAP and Such Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 10:31 pm

Well, which part? The map generating program when opening it checks an update server - the program crashes at this point and Scatter cannot log into the program. So the error is server side - as Eric has tried to check if it was his computer by installing it on 2 other computers and neither working.

So the map progress is halted at the moment till the creator of the program gives us further updates on what is wrong with his updater system.

As for scripts we need to figure out timing. How long should trade skills take to make items? What ores should we have? What items? What monsters? Should we keep resistances in the game? What about skills? How quickly should people gain skills?

We already said we would allow macroing on the shard - since there is PK capability everywhere with 0 guard zones we are not held responsible for macroing untended. That said we take each situation on a case-by-case basis, so if all a player has done for 2 weeks is macro the shit out of his character we'll imprison him/her and make quest to save them - no one saves them they rot in jail.

Also, what custom scripts do you personally want - and you need to be specific - these should be all posted in the correct forum. Since West is very busy with work I am currently the only admin who really checks things constantly.

Also, we have 3 new testers for the shard so when the map is up we can start right away with testing scripts and shard bugs/issues.
Back to top Go down
shit happens

shit happens

MAP and Such Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAP and Such   MAP and Such Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:11 am

Billpete002 wrote:
As for scripts we need to figure out timing. How long should trade skills take to make items? What ores should we have? What items? What monsters? Should we keep resistances in the game? What about skills? How quickly should people gain skills?

We already said we would allow macroing on the shard - since there is PK capability everywhere with 0 guard zones we are not held responsible for macroing untended. That said we take each situation on a case-by-case basis, so if all a player has done for 2 weeks is macro the shit out of his character we'll imprison him/her and make quest to save them - no one saves them they rot in jail.

Also, what custom scripts do you personally want - and you need to be specific - these should be all posted in the correct forum. Since West is very busy with work I am currently the only admin who really checks things constantly.

Also, we have 3 new testers for the shard so when the map is up we can start right away with testing scripts and shard bugs/issues.

I meant scripting, sorry!

I'm not familiar with the inner workings and limitations of the game, technical wise, but if I get some free time I can do some plotting for you Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MAP and Such Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAP and Such   MAP and Such Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAP and Such
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: IN GAME RELATED :: The World Map-
Jump to: