Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Compiled map comments

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Scatter00x

Compiled map comments Empty
PostSubject: Compiled map comments   Compiled map comments Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:19 am

Please post all notes with regard to the current map here. The statics didn't generate right, I already know this, I'm working on the program to try and fix it, but I figured I'd post something so people could see it.

Things I want you to tell me: What looks good? What looks bad? Too much/too little forest, mountain, swamp, grass, etc. Are the islands too big/too small? too many/too few? Where should there be hills/highlands? do we want any other terrain types? For the grass areas, are the statics good there? do we need more of them or less of them? more or less of each type? etc... I want as detailed feedback as you can possibly leave me. If you say "hey, I like this area here, I think I want to make an Orc Camp here! Can you make a little clearing and a hill for the camp to be on?" for example, that would be awesome feedback for me.

PLEASE try and get this first round of feedback posted tomorrow and Wednesday. Weds is my next reasonably free day, so if I get enough feedback I can have version 2 up for your viewing on Thursday. This is going to be an iterative process between lore and design, but if we put the time into it we could have a world that not only looks sweet, but also is very cohesive to the lore and concept of the shard.
Back to top Go down
West
Admin
West

PostSubject: Re: Compiled map comments   Compiled map comments Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:23 am

Just took a quick glimpse at the map when I woke up. The foundation looks really really good! There are no forest's there yet?

I'll check it out more later today but this was my first thought.

Great job Scatter.
Back to top Go down
https://west.forumotion.com
shit happens

shit happens

PostSubject: Re: Compiled map comments   Compiled map comments Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:08 pm

I don't know if I'm supposed to, but I seem unable to find the map anywhere. Sorry!
Back to top Go down
Scatter00x

PostSubject: Re: Compiled map comments   Compiled map comments Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:58 pm

@West: The forests were what I was referring to when I said statics didn't work entirely as I'd hoped... The forest terrain is there, but there are no trees, rocks, shrubs, etc in it. I can fix this, just haven't figured it out yet.

@Shit Happens: I have the map up on CentrED, the multi-user map development program we're using. I'll post the actual picture of the map here when I get home from work.
Back to top Go down
Scatter00x

PostSubject: Re: Compiled map comments   Compiled map comments Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:44 am

I am going to be gone for the weekend (nothing really new.) The CentrED server is up. Please log in and spend some time looking at the map at some point this weekend, and leave me some feedback on it.
Back to top Go down
kupala

kupala

PostSubject: Re: Compiled map comments   Compiled map comments Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:21 pm

I know this isnt of great importance atm, just wanted to point it out.
is it supposed to have black "edges" on this area, i marked the edges and where on the radar-map i found them.
Was mostly wondering if its possible to do something about it?

Compiled map comments Blackedges
Back to top Go down
Bulldogc

PostSubject: Re: Compiled map comments   Compiled map comments Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:52 pm

the edges are required when we add in things like large caves, dungeons, those treetop vilages we were discussing suff like that. speaking of which that shit needs to be decided so they can make it in the map, what kinda tunnel systems are we adding in are we actialy gona go ahead with the treetops etc
Back to top Go down
Scatter00x

PostSubject: Re: Compiled map comments   Compiled map comments Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:45 am

Kupala: because the shore line transitions aren't being done correctly at the moment, those are going to look like that. In future renditions, those should probably not appear at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compiled map comments   Compiled map comments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Compiled map comments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: IN GAME RELATED :: The World Map-
Jump to: