HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mining Skill

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kupala

PostSubject: Mining Skill   Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:14 pm

Did about an hour of mining in Delucia with skill at 120 mining.. For an hour i recived hundreds of Iron, Dull Copper, about a hundred Shadow and Bronze, not as much gold..
However i did only get about 40-50 verite/valorite/Agapite ore.. Seems fairly okay dosnt it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bulldogc

PostSubject: Re: Mining Skill   Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:36 pm

ya sems about right to me as i undersand mining they special ores are more heavly located in some reasons sometimes, but that stuff might change when we switch over to the new map, i think resoruces generation is controled via that stuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kupala

PostSubject: Re: Mining Skill   Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:20 pm

So i find changing mining is something we should/ need do..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Billpete002

PostSubject: Re: Mining Skill   Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:42 pm

also we should, if possible, make ores technologies much like armors.

this would be a good way to introduce new materials sorta like "bronze age" "iron age" etc. but with of course UO fantasy ores.

Though I wouldn't mind changing some of the names and even the periods you get them. Like bronze and copper should be some of the early metals with iron etc. being introduced with varying quests. Each higher order metal requires a harder longer and more difficult quest. - no different than blacksmithing etc.

We should do this for all crafting as it makes crafters adventurers and not just sitting around in town crafting endless supplies of crappy daggers/bows/etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bulldogc

PostSubject: Re: Mining Skill   Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:09 am

lets not go crazy with these unlockable quests, rember we have to code each and every one of them, alsoif there were the case i think it would have to be on smeling the ores not mining them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Billpete002

PostSubject: Re: Mining Skill   Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:12 pm

since we do not plan on having many players at first we may not need to script them just run player quests with GMs and at the end of a certain part or after the quest the players can receive the technology scroll.

This saves on time and effort and makes for better story than a predictable quest that is done repetitively over and over again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mining Skill   

Back to top Go down

Mining Skill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: GAME MECHANICS :: Character creation-
Jump to: